Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wha' Happened?

Dearest Pasha is only a 1 1/2 years old(ish) and I had been amazed at her excellent house manners, extra impressive considering she has not been allowed any serious exercise since she was recently spayed... Today it got the better of her, when I came home surprise!!!! things were not where I left them, 5 shoes were on her bed, she had carefully extracted some of the wool from my UGGS (similar to stuffed toys right? perhaps it would have been better if she had done visual damage, then maybe I'd stop wearing those ugly things), also her plastic food dish (plus the food measuring cup!) were shredded, a bottle of vitamin E oil left an oil slick on the rug and bottle in tatters and IS THAT QUINOA ALL OVER THE FLOOR, and the COUCH???

Yup, predictably cabin fever struck.... probably didn't help that I had taken away her real bones, the duck she gutted, the rope toy she shredded, the ripped up tennis balls, leaving her with only a Nyla Bone and her Kong bone, unacceptable!  Pasha is great at keeping herself entertained, she looooves to throw things for herself and chase them, but these things are usually hard and super clanky on my mostly hardwood floors which I fear will annoy the downstairs neighbors!  I've been trying to leave her with the least aurally offensive toys when I'm gone, which has clearly resulted in a protest.


Todays carnage. 
The gutted duck is especially pitiful.


$100 later... (+ treats unpictured)


I call this picture "Hope"


Kong Wubba, please hold up to her abuse!
(I deserve kickbacks for promoting Kong products so frequently on Fosteroni!)

The irony of Pasha's timing is that tomorrow was the day I had chosen to declare her officially healed and able to run around and had planned a trip to the woods to celebrate!  This morning we had played a little fetch to make sure the incision site looked alright after some running around.  Oh well, trial and error... hopefully with the new batch of more rugged less loud toys will keep her more appropriately occupied while I'm hard at work earning money to pay for all her toys and to buy myself more quinoa.

P.S. Pasha has been trying to get treats out of the Kong with laser like focus for a good 45 minutes now:)  I'm ignoring the slobber all over the rug, it's worth it and the rug is washable...

1 comment:

  1. haha she is sooo cute! We have the same problem with Rockwell, he just rips open any stuffed toy (or our pillows... or our blankets...) You might already have one of these, but these guys seem to hold up to the constant abuse: http://icheapreviews.com/images/KONG-BraidZ-Dog-Toy-Large-Monkey_41KOBIICgNL._300_300.jpg

    ReplyDelete