Friday, November 4, 2011

Special guest star Lexie!

I've mentioned the awesomeness of the folks at my dog run many times in the past and I am doing so again, so many rescues, so many fosters!  Susan who I "officially" met today at the dog run is fostering a pretty little lady named Lexie!  Lexie has won the foster dog lottery living with Susan, a veteran foster mom, but is now looking for the perfect forever home... Lexie's family brought her to the pound (for the second time) because they didn't want to take care of her anymore, basically Susan said, they didn't feel like having to give her exercise, NICE:/  I'll post Susan's description below but my impressions of Lexie from watching her in the dog run this afternoon is that she is as SWEET as she is ADORABLE!  Susan thinks she may not be used to playing with other dogs, little socially awkward and barks at the other dogs "I WANT TO PLAY WITH YOU!!!" but is totally dog friendly and soon enough she'll be in the doggie club, she also has doggie roomates at home, a big German Shepherd sister and a little mystery mutt brother, small medium and large!  Lexie can be a little shy of strangers at first, I was talking to her Mom for awhile and she would circle closer and closer and finally sat in front of me for some scrunchies:) and it's obvious she LOOOOOOOVES Susan and was showing off how nicely she comes when called and sits on command;)  So here's Lexie has to say for herself, transcribed by Susan ;)


she's so cute she doesn't look real!


Hi! My name is Lexie. My foster Mom says I am a wonderfull little girl, a delight to be around and a family would be very lucky to have me in their lives.  I have soooo much love and joy to give.  I am house trained and know all my commands, I am very bright so I can learn much more too.  I have a sweet and gentle nature, but I also have the confidence to stand up for myself with other dogs when I need to.  I love to play so I do need to be able to run and get exercise every day.  I want to please and to be a good girl.  I listen to my foster Mom very well.  I get along with other dogs, big and little.  I would be happiest with another dog who is not too dominant.  I also get along with children.  I am very healthy, which you can see from my shiny and very soft coat and big, bright eyes.  I am also a good watch dog.  This does mean that once in awhile I bark when I hear strange noises, but I live in an apartment on a busy street right now and mostly I am very quiet.  If I do bark it's to warn you about something unusual, I know to be quiet when asked.  I am a great size and weigh about 25lbs.  My age is approximately 4 years old.  I am really a sweetheart-and a great snuggler.  Oh...and I am ADORABLE.  You can find out more about me, and hear the dramatic story of how I was rescued by emailing: pound2penthouse@gmail.com









with her foster mom and big sis!


again the contact info for Miss Lexie is pound2penthouse@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment