Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Belaaaaaaaaated Snicker's update!

So it's been a few months since Snickers was adopted and I had yet to post his update, I was going to at the time but my internets were down and I never quite got around to it... but here I am with a new foster dog and being a slave to chronological order cannot post him without the long awaited Snickers wrap up! 

My man Snickers is now a Brooklynite.  Adopted by a super nice couple who were looking for big personality in a small sexy package.  They had made the trek from Crown Heights to Washington Heights a few days before and had gotten to know him a little, and as soon as I brought him to their apartment you could tell he felt right at home and totally knew that he was with his new folks.  He was my longest foster to date and I was really really happy to see how relaxed he was with them right away... sigh...



checking out his new Pop


He never got to play fetch at home since Pasha was such an obnoxious ball hog... and he has a jealous kitty brother;)


Update from his Momma Shelley, a few weeks after the adoption, bonus points to them for doing the work to make scrappy Snickers a solid citizen!


-He's doing awesome! He's the perfect size and temperament for us. :) We both really, really love him, he's a little doll. He's totally cool with new people in a controlled environment, he met our friends last weekend and had no growls, snarls or snaps at them, though I made sure they plied him with plenty of kibble. ;) He checked out A-OK with the vet, and she owns a pair of chis herself so I know he's in good hands. :) He adores playing fetch and even started playing with the small plush toy that came with his bed, which makes me really happy! He totally ignored it his first week here, but then my husband approached him with it after he'd settled in a bit and now he loves to fetch and shake the snot out of it. :) 

He loves walks and we try our best to tire him out, but he has a lot of energy. ;) We walked him to the slope last weekend, and this weekend I hope we can take him to a dog park--he comes when called but I don't know if I trust him enough off-leash yet... he likes to curl up on my lap when I'm working on paintings, and he's almost always beside myself or my husband when we're home. 

We want to enroll him in training classes, and socialization with other dogs is a big effort we have to make! He has been barking a lot at other dogs on the street, and I think that stems from being alone with the cat. Ah, on that note we fended off his separation anxiety by feeding him with kong-style toys in the morning. Keeps him busy and distracted until we come home. :) He's a wonderful little companion, thank you for being such a good doggy-mom to him while he was in your care!

I still can't believe someone was rotten enough to abandon such a little angel.

1 comment: