Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Duncan!!! Foster dog number 6.

I gave myself a break from fostering for the summer but had been getting the urge again, and through a series of events I got a new foster dog a little earlier than planned!  Meet the very handsome Spaniel mix Duncan! 3ish years old, about 45lbs, sexy, sexy haircut, giant muppet feet, and the biggest puppy doggiest eyes I've ever seen. 

Everybody say awwwwwwwwww....




making himself at home.


the eyebrow twins (that's my dog Pasha on the right).


St. Josephine
 tolerant foster sister to annoying cat obsessed dogs!

I'm told he was surrendered at a Brooklyn Animal Foster Network adoption event by a Mom on bed rest who had baby #5 in the oven and was understandably overwhelmed.  He was loved and taken care of by a family with a bunch of kids and they are hoping he finds a forever home where he can get all sorts of love and attention:)

He's been here for about 24 hours, very good natured, very excited about the cat, even more excited about my birds (Spaniel=hunting dog).  Getting along well with Pasha and other dogs at the dog run, was shy with me at first but now follows me around and gives out smooches and snuggles!  housebroken? maaaybe, he has peed inside twice, but that seems to happen with all of them until they learn the ropes and get used to their new environment - I'll keep you posted but I'm hoping the answer is yes, at least he pees like a girl, straight down on the floor so the linens/couch will be safe;)  at the moment he is being crate trained and will be given tasty treats for peeing outside.

Whatever kind of mix he is the Spaniel in him is very squirrel/bird oriented, he reaaaaally really wants to go check them out and will pull on the leash and make lots of high pitched noises, he is a fairly high energy dog and would do great with someone who would take him to the woods/parks daily to chase all the little creatures (who hopefully he can never actually catch!).  Based on the little I know so far I'd love to see him with an active family with a yard!  What a sweetie, I'm so happy to have him:)

for more info on Duncan you can email me at aprilkelly4377@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I'm sure he'll get snatched right up - but I hope I get to meet him first!

    ReplyDelete