Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Dunkin has been adopted!

So in under a week Mr. Dunkin is back living in Brooklyn with his new Mom and Pop, and bonus Auntie and Uncle!  Natalie and Andre discovered him on petfinder.com and of course found him irresistibly handsome and couldn't wait to run up and meet him asap!  Andre came up for a meet and greet a few nights ago and they got along really well, and Natalie met him the next morning and joined us in the dog run for a few hours where she got to see Dunkin in action with the other dogs and people.  Honesty about my foster dogs good and bad points is super important to me and I was glad that between the two of them they got the see the whole spectrum first hand, if you know what you're in for homework-wise, think you can help with the issues and sign up for it then hopefully the dog will be placed ONCE instead of shuffled around... lying/ommision=very bad start!  So of course Dunkin was adorable and great with my cat and played nicely with the dogs and affectionate and charming and all those great lovable things we had reported buuuuuut and to my mind more importantly they got to see his squirrel mania where he turns into a screeching lunatic on a pogo stick at the and of the leash, and most importantly his resource guarding which was my main concern... he growled at Andre about his toy and kept running off with it, and attacked Pasha when he had the most insane squeaky toy and had worked himself into a little frenzy, don't feel bad for her she was most definitely trying to steal it, and after the fight was broken up did steal it (and then I took it and put it high on a shelf since fighting is frowned upon), don't worry neither dog was hurt at all despite all the noise!  Having both grown up in families who adopted rescue dogs, some pretty serious cases, they both seemed like a good fit for the little guy and when they saw him at his worst and were calm about it (and still interested) I felt comfortable that they were a good fit!

So now Dunkin lives less than a block from Prospect Park with Natalie and Andre and 2 other room mates who are both dog lovers and on board with the new addition!


this video is one of my worst and I apologize for any motion sickness but look how happy she is:)


filling out adoption forms at my place, why wait?? I got the ok from Laurie and agreed to drop him off that night!


happy boy...


Brooklyn ho! off to his new digs:)

When we got to the apartment he was not shy about exploring and he met one of his new room mates as well who was of course enchanted and after a few minutes I snuck out the door.  I will be happy to post any pics and updates they send my way and I hope to see him around!

1 comment: