Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Here comes trouble!

So Sphinx is home with me now and holy cow I hadn't realized he was mid puppyhood, only 7 months old!  I'm not complaining, this is gonna be fun (I haven't had a silly puppy in at least 7 years) I can't think of a better way to beat those winter blues!  Edwina was only a few months older but somehow seemed so much wiser (and more coordinated!), perhaps it was the teen pregnancy, she probably had to grow up fast.  Anyway, this one has "GIANT GOOFBALL" in neon lights flashing over his head with cartoon hearts around it,  he is a big clumsy softy with big ol' puppy feet!


What we know/don't know:

1. Nothing about his story, I think he was from the Baltimore shelter as well, no idea how he ended up there.

2.  Breed? our best guess is Lab/Boxer etc... and when I look at his profile and build I'm wondering if he's not a part Irish Setter or something like that, anyway he's a kitchen sink mutt and he's gonna be pretty big!  He sure is handsome though, poster dog for big brown puppy dog eyes with extra long fringy lashes!

3. Personality, happy, happy, happy (!!!) sweet, sweet, sweet!  loves everybody and is not stingy with his kisses!  Also I'm told he gets along great with other critters (I saw the "sleeping with kittens photo" with my own eyes!) and he was curious but polite with my cat Josie, and we're going to the dog run later, maybe I'll get some doggie relations footage!


Introducing Sphinx the giant puppy!
(after being here an hour or so he mellowed right out, chill pup indeed!)



Sitting for cookies, you gotta start somewhere;)

More later, we're just getting to know each other!

ok, it's a little later and we've been to the dog run.  Video proof of excellent doggie social skills!



Woo hoo!! he's a joiner! 


and a ball dog (you gotta learn to hand it over buddy;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment