Friday, January 21, 2011

Make lemonade?

It looks like my newest houseguest isn't house trained, or not reliably house trained anyway... She's been mostly crated and out only when I'm home and can watch her but she's already had a few accidents and there was one this morning between me putting on her halter and getting her jacket on to go outside, she ran into my room and squatted, couldn't hold it!  But this is good (gross but good), if she's an instant morning pee-er it might not be hard to paper train her!  The new strategy will be to take her out of the crate in the morning and put her in the "doggy toilet" area of the house, my kitchen at the moment, wee-wee pads down and hope she pees while I'm watching and then there will be lots of clapping, compliments and free flowing high caliber treats!!!  At the moment she is in the little kitchen shanty town I've put up with wee-wee pads as well (I'm not sure yet if she could hold it all day in the crate) and perhaps she'll start to get the idea while I'm at work.


as long as she's got her fluffy blanket she's happy anywhere.


she's got a bone and toy selection, plus a mini kong.


pretty sad view, hope she figures this out sooner than later!
a small price to pay in the meantime...

No comments:

Post a Comment