Thursday, January 20, 2011

Still figuring this one out...

So this is my second day with little Minnie and she is still not quite herself, and by that I mean not totally relaxed and at home.  She is recovering from the spay surgery so we've been keeping her in the crate mostly and because her belly is shaved she gets cold really quickly when she goes out for a squirt, even with her fleece jacket.  At the moment I am just waiting and watching for her real personality, I think she likes me ok and am hoping in a few days she'll be feeling safe and happy here (and a little less sore poor thing)!  Getting her appetite back though and no vomiting today at all, she got my bed pretty good last night!



snug as a bug.


She seems interested in me and comes over willingly but is still a little reserved and seems a kind of stiff and trembly when being pet, can't tell if she's cold or nervous!  Unless she doesn't speak English I don't think she was trained at all, not even to sit for treats, but she does walk well on the leash and comes when called.  It's hard when you are first getting to know each other because you're not using their real name (she's a stray, we have no idea what her owners called her) and you don't know their history at all!  She's good with the food bowl but growled a little when I pet her while she had her bone, although she would let me take it away, also growled a little when I tried to move her last night, we'll see if that persists when she gets to trust me a little more, she's a good girl but may have been a little spoiled like many tiny dogs!  Pretty quiet in the house, little warning hruffs at the people in the hall but not really a yapper!

I can't wait to see her really happy again, she has such a sweet little face!

No comments:

Post a Comment