Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My new little lady!

Judy the Chihuahua ended up with another foster but I have come home with Minnie the tiny min-pin.  She had just been spayed this afternoon and I expected a space-case but no she was lively and friendly and had plenty of that nervous tiny dog energy (who can blame her she just came from the streets and then the shelter and then surgery)!  The subway ride was no fun for the poor little thing, trembling the whole time and then home and thrown in the bath for a quick shampoo (she smelled like poop, trust me everybody's happier!)!  Now after a terrible day she is home and safe, cozily snoozing under a pile of fuzzy blankets in a giant crate.  Tomorrow perhaps we'll have a better idea of what she's like!


her shelter mug shot, 
we'll go for glamour portraits and videos tomorrow!

What we know:

1. Stray, 2 year old female Miniature Pinscher found roaming the streets in the Bronx.
2. Very friendly:)  kisses, waggy tail!  didn't bite when I gave her a bath  (and she didn't like that one bit!).

3. They mentioned she doesn't like her mouth touched and shouldn't go to a home with small children.

4. She's a little cutie!  

Not much to go on I realize!  I'll fill you in as I learn more, see if she knows commands/tricks etc....  I'm going to try to paper train her since she is so small, I know a lot of little dogs who won't go potty outside in inclement weather, of course she'll be walked too just nice to have the option and for her not to have her legs crossed all day!

I can't wait to see what her personality is like when she is relaxed and feeling better!

No comments:

Post a Comment