Monday, April 18, 2011

Over the river and through the woods and into the bathtub we go!

Most Sundays I have standing hiking plans with my old college roommate Tracey and her dog Max, she's one of the few people I know who has a dog, has a car and can be on the road by 8:30am (although yesterday she was a liiiitle hung over so we got a late start and an early finish).  It was a chilly morning and after some doubts about whether it was a good idea to take Snickers along we decided to go for it and hope for the best.  He LOVED it!  We went to Harriman State Park and everyone (well maybe not poor Tracey) had a great little hike, nothing crazy maybe 2 miles and little Snickers totally kept up and enjoyed the crap out of himself!  He climbed rocks, he ran through little streams, he peed on every tree/rock/bush he passed (I was amazed he didn't turn into a raisin from the loss of moisture), and he was off leash the whole time and stayed with his people!

If you are interested in adopting a little dog it's important to realize that they are still REAL DOGS and they do still love the exercise and the stimulation of a good romp in the woods, my maltese Lulu would hike and swim and climb rocks and seemed so proud of herself that she was no lap princess, she was a miniature rugged mountain beast!  After seeing how much he truly enjoyed himself I would love to place him with someone with that kind of outlet, he probably wouldn't be a good option if you are hiking the Appalachian trail or anything but he'd be game for a leisurely hike any day!




you're a natural little man!




he's got the hang of it now for sure, one of the gang!
(sorry about all the jostling, the iphone doesn't really have a steadycam feature)!



Max just had his 7th birthday last week.
Happy birthday Maxi-pad;)



why do you smell like Tequila aunt Tracey?



next week same time same place, 
unless Snickers is adopted of course!




since he doesn't have any flea control on it's into the bathtub...




OMG! I do not like this :/



resigned...



but look how handsome and sparkly you turned out!


I love this little fart, you will too if you meet him and give him a few minutes (and maybe some cheese) till he stops growling and being afraid of you.  Extra impressive was that he was a good sport about the bath, didn't growl at me once, he usually doesn't but if ever there was an occasion for a toothy protest I thought this would be it!

4 comments:

  1. hey now...quit calling me out. snickers is a cool little dude for sure. and i did not hear him bark at all. total bonus!

    -Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. he WAS quiet and he even let you pet him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, my name is Yessenia Paredes. I had a 3yr old dog, just like Snickers. Unfortunately, he died today April 25 at 3:50 am. Looking at snickers is like seeing him. I love to meet snickers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, I'm so sorry you lost your puppy Yessenia. Call me in a few days when you're feeling better. Also fill out an adoption application with Brooklyn Animal Foster Network.

    917 374-3260

    ReplyDelete